28 June, 2009

Eventful, Emotional, Exhausting


Well... this past week has been nothing short of the above 3...

Firstly, went for a sort of internship with a renowned childcare center... Knew nothing... zilch... Everything has to be learnt on the spot....
It has been the most tiring thing I ever encountered... taking care of a bunch of little children... But at times it has been the most warm and endearing...
Alot of tact and PR is involved too... but i suppose, yes, maybe i could handle it after all...

Mid-week, one of my maternal aunt suddenly passed out while showering and slipped into a coma... And this morning, she passed on... It's just so shocking and so sudden... She has had high blood pressure for quite some years now.. but it has always been under control with meds and diet....
I dunno... I feel somehow... frozen... She had been part of my life for most of my childhood but these few years i seldom saw her, as the way life goes somehow....
When i went to the funeral juz now, and saw her lying there looking peaceful... i felt... floaty... my mind was juz blank... somehow i cant reconcile her passing in some ways... On the surface, my cousins and uncle seem to be taking it ok... But i juz pray for their sakes that, they continue to stay strong in the days after..

As i mentioned, it has been eventful... Headlines all over the world splashed news of Michael Jackson's death... As the world mourns inexplicably for a passe pop icon, i cant help but feel chaos....
New strains of flu viruses, tightened health security measures, murder cases...

Im mentally overwhelmed.